Every few weeks or so I try to share a blog post with my readers on different things. Something I’ve noticed is that while I do share a good portion of my life happenings, I’m never really shared too much about me as a person. That promoted my idea of sharing 10 Facts my average reader won’t know about me!
- I was born with a broken hip: It’s hard for me to believe because I’ve never had hip problems *knocks on wood* but it’s true! My mom says I had a difficult birth and broke my hip on the way out.
- I’m named after my dad and his beat friend (at the time): My birth name is JerMara and the Jer comes from my dad Jerome and the Mar comes from the name Marlin, who was my dad’s best friend when I was born. Apparently they don’t really talk anymore. A shame. I used to hate my name but it’s grown on me haha.
- I started pre-school when I was 3 years old: I also almost skipped a grade when I was in kindergarten to go to 1st grade. I believe this is why I was overdue for a break from school when I graduated college haha.
- I have oral allergies to MOST raw fruits: It always surprises people when I tell them I like veggies more than fruits but raw fruits give me soooo many problems! The only fruits I can feel completely eat raw are strawberries. I also like apples, peaches, mangoes (without the skin).
- I’m deeply terrified of snakes: I literally can’t even watch them on tv. Thanks to my family for letting me watch the movie anaconda at 3 years old.
- I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was 13: Before I wanted to be a lawyer I wanted to be teacher and an author. I still want to write a book (or books) some day but as a substitute teacher now I know forsure I would never want to be a teacher (hug a teacher and give them money, they don’t get paid enough for what they do!)
- I’m so 16% fluent in spanish according to Duolingo: I should be way more fluent considering I took it 3 or 4 years in HS and one semester in college but just give me like 5 years! Haha.
- I don’t like puzzles: I also don’t like most board games. I might tell a story about why on instagram live one of these days. We’ll see.
- I’ve been to 7 countries in Europe: For my college graduation I got a grad-trip that was two weeks long. I went to Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, and The U.K. I loved Verona, Italy the most and Switzerland the least (our money is shit over there).
- At some point in my life I want to live in Washington DC and Italy for an extended period of time: I loved the cities I visited in Italy and want to live there. I also visited Washington DC in 2016 and fell in love. I feel like at some point I have to live in both those places, even if it’s just for 6 months to a year. I want to visit Ghana and I feel like it will also get added to my list of places I want to live once I do. I just have a feeling.
What’s something random nobody knows about you? Leave a comment and let me know! Xoxo